Friday 6 July 2012

Eat cake!

Our cakes have been getting around a bit during the past week.

Last weekend we were very happy to deliver two cakes to 'Eat@ the nichols building' which is the cafe at the fabulous Nichols Buiding Vintage, Arts and Craft Centre in Shalesmoor, Sheffield.

And here's Darren who runs the cafe, pictured with our cakes - a classic Victoria Sponge dripping with cream and raspberry jam along with a rich Guinness Choclate Cake.


If you haven't been to 'Eat@ the nichols building' yet you really should pop yourselves down there.  It's full of character with mismatched furniture, wonderful works of art and vintage treaures - most of which are available to purchase.  Not only that but you also get to listen to real vinyl tunes in all their retro crackly fabulousness!


The downside of me delivering cakes to Eat is that I end up spending more money than I'm earning because I can't help myself from exploring all of the fab units that make up the Nichols Building Retro Centre. 

"Don't buy any more furtniture"  was the instruction from Andy as I got out of the car.  And I didn't.

I did, however, manage to bring home lots of lovely old cake tins and a jar of banana chutney which sounds strange but tastes AMAZING!

I need to thank again, the lovely Louise who owns and runs the Nichols Building, for kindly lending me a collection of gorgeous fancy silver teapots that have  to help 'dress' our charity tea party that was to take place the following day - but that's another story entirely...

No comments:

Post a Comment